Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Monday, January 22, 2007

South Beach Diet Weigh In - Week 3

So we moved on Phase 2 of the South Beach Diet and I am so happy to have my carbs back. I reintroduced fruits in our diet, plus whole grain bread and brown rice. While eating brown rice still takes some getting used to, I feel better already. No more midnight cravings for macaroni and cheese. What I still do crave for is pizza and hamburgers. But Andreas makes a good substitute cheeseburger with lean meat and fat reduced cheese, on an eggplant "bun." Pizza is made with thinly sliced portabello mushroom as a crust, with fat-reduced mozzarella. It's not the same thing, but it certainly is healthier.

Weight-wise, we haven't continued to lose any more weight. I've gone down 4 pounds in the first two weeks, and it sorta plateaued from there. Andreas lost 10 pounds.

On the upside, I did lose 1 1/2 inch from my waist and 1 inch 1/2 inches from my hips.

I still walk 6 miles a week, plus 30 minutes of light weight training and calisthetics daily.

More progress reports to come!



Oh, and my new discovery is Whole Grain Chips Ahoy. At 50 calories a cookie, I feel justified eating them if I do 10 minutes of jogging in place or dancing around the living room with Axel. Why deprive myself of everything I love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home