Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Airline Lost Luggage

The airline lost our luggage! We arrived in Chicago via Northwest airlines yesterday and it was an exhausting flight. If you are flying to the US this summer season from thePhilippines, do take note that 3 hours ahead of the flight is not enough time at NAIA to get through customs and immigration. Wearrived at NAIA at 3:30am for a 6:30 flight and wow...we finished up at security just in time for our boarding. We were like in row 67 andthey were already boarding rows 30. It was crazy. Also - make sure your socks don't have holes!

Every single connecting flight was a photo-finish but the worst wasin Detroit. As a point of entry, it sucks big-time! I have to make amental note to NEVER pass there again. We made our connecting flightin time but got to Chicago to find out that the airline lost one of luggage. I was travelling with my sister and it was hers and boy isshe pissed! I had a LOT of stuff in her luggage as well. Some irreplaceables include my letters of reference, employment, collegetranscripts and certificates from all the professional workshops Iever took. My sister had her clothes and we also are missing ourwedding presents to my sister. (My Ate gets married Saturday).

I'm still praying hard that they will still find the luggage. But given that we're approaching the 24-hour mark, my hopes are fading.If you have an extra 5 seconds, please include my luggage in your prayers too. I've already started a novena to St. Anthony.I guess its a major lesson for me. I was bringing my whole life with me (excluding my hubby and son) and had a lot to carry and I had put trust that some of the less important documents (although stillimportant) would be ok in the check-in.

Learn from my mistakes:
1. Anything you can't risk losing, bring along as a handcarry even ifit means carrying a big one.
2. If you are going to purchase a luggage, don't buy black. Get an outrageous color like red or purple. I highly suspect someone else may have gotten our luggage since it was a so-common black Samsonite. I put a rainbow ribbon on it for easier identification but maybe it got through.
3. With the US summer high-peak travel seasons, it seems 1 1/2 hoursis NOT enough to make your connecting flight. For your peace of mind, give yourself at least 2 hours between connecting flights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home