Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Monday, March 20, 2006

My First Library Book


The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides

I love my public library. I read this novel in a day, while nursing a feverish child to health. Basically, he was asleep and used me as a pillow while I read on immobile. I watched the Sophia Copolla-directed film a few years back and it always haunted me. Suicide and depression are usually mood-dampening themes but somehow I felt lighter after reading this one. Made me think, "well at least I'm not THAT screwed up."

Good light reading on a rainy day. Very intriguing, I was drawn in immediately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home