Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Motorcycle Diaries


Ah, my new favorite movie.

I just finished the 2004 release Motorcycle Diaries (Walter Salles, Director), and I'm in awe. An adaption of the legendary diary of Che Guevarra, the film follows the voyage of young Che (when he was still known as Ernesto) and his friend Alberto across South America on their motorcycle. It's a tale of the youthful revolutionary spirit and how ideas and idealism can change the world. The simulated black and white images of South America and its people were moving and captivating. Set in the late 50's, I am somewhat stunned that over half a a century has passed and how little progress has been made. We have so much to do before we can change the world and its narrow mindset.

Check out the official website www.motorcyclediariesmovie.com

And did I mention, those deep dark intense eyes of Gael Garcia Bernal? I'm sweating already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home