Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Olivares

Last night, I watched "Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Olivares". It was such a good movie. I rarely rarely find a Pinoy film that I can praise (and not find a million things to make pintas about), but this one was excellent from script, to acting (the young man who played the lead is one to watch out for - excellent), to direction and cinematography. Not a single frame was wasted.

My only beef was that (I read) that film was shot in digital video and later transferred to film so that it could be viewed in mainstream theatres - Hence, some generation loss and a grainy dark feel. An average movie goer wouldn't probably notice.

I never have a lot of free time and when I watch a movie I feel that I have to chose my movies very carefully. I don't want to come out out a loser (wasted P100, and more importantly, 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back!) Watch this, no regrets. You'll learn things on different levels. It reveals so much about Philippine society, our values, family vs. doing good.
Showed me why I love the Philippines and why I hate it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home