Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Garage Sale Aftermath

I get by with a little help from my friends. And sister (the quirk queen), and husband (cargador extrordinaire), and mother-in-law (saleswoman of the year), Jun (demolition man) Rakel (head accountant) and Lani (my PA-not production assistant, more like, Pa-linis, Pa-ligpit, Pa-tulong). And everyone else inbetween who wrapped, sold, showed off our wares - Tikoy, Tin, Mike, Miko, Jessica. Thanks. Meanwhile, I just ran around like a headless chicken trying to stay on top of it all.

These devil masks always scared me as a child, my hubby and MIL taking a much needed breather, and books at P5@

The garage sale last Saturday was a success. We got rid of perhaps 60% of the houseware items and about 50% of the bigger furniture. We are keeping the house open to friends and family, who want to drop by before calling in the hoardes. Total sales were a-ok. I can now buy my mom that Lazy-boy chair she's been haranguing me for ages.

Superman opted for a new fashion statement: white faux fur trim.

Most popular items were the laminate furniture (!) perhaps because they were cheap and in the P300-500 range. Some bongga clothes were sold but a majority remained untouched. A big hit among the mothers were the plates and glassware. We still got a lot of unique items left so we're just dealing with the aftermath now. But at least the urge to burn everything has gone away. My next step is to contact the antique shop dealer and get a consignment contract.

Things to do, things to do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home