Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Honk if You're Horny

Another scene from my mundane life...

My sister and I decided that applying for our applying for our college diploma was long overdue! I graduated in '94 and she in '99, so we thought it was a good idea to head over to University of the Philippines. On our drive there, the horn on the car started beeping without me even touching it. We drove on, but eventually, it started honking non-stop. Oh great, probably an electrical short. We decided to take a turn and head back home to change cars. As I turned back into C5 highway, we hit bumper to bumper traffic. So, here we are stuck in traffic with our car horn honking non-stop. Pedestrians, drivers, heck...even bystanding dogs were beginning to stare at us. In panic, I call my husband to ask him how to disable the horn. The instructions are to open the steering wheel panel and cut the wire. Not thinking, and without killing the engine, I tear off the steering panel and attempt to hold the horn. Man, it was hot, my finger got burned and worse, the wheel started to smoke. Now, I was really getting worried. In sheer desperation, I start pounding the wheel hoping to dislodge any connecting wire. Bystanders looking in the car would have seen a crazed woman banging at the wheel. But hey, it worked. The honking stopped and life went on.

We still went home to change cars though, I didn't want to risk another "scene."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home