Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Human Pincushion

After months of complaining of rashes, asthma and insomnia, I finally found some time-out to visit my favorite doctor / accupuncturist at Healthdev in Ateneo. I like going to an accupuncturist because it's like a one-stop check-up. Otherwise, I'd have to go to a dermatologist, a psychiatrist and a lung doctor.

This visit was a bit different. I was diagnosed with both Kidney YIN and YANG deficiency. Then, doctor proceeded to put in a total of sixteen needles: (2) in my head, (2) in my neck (4) in my back (2) in my hands (2) in my arms and (4) in my ankles. When I got home, I did some research and found this definition of my prognosis.

"Kidney Yang is the foundation of body Yang Qi. It is responsible for warming, maintenance of the organs and tissues as well as organ function. Because both yin and yang are housed in the kidney, the ancient OM therapists considered it the “house of water and fire”.

Essence is yin known as Kidney yin and kidney Qi is kidney Yang. If kidney yin is deficient, it fails to harmonize yang and becomes excess. Symptoms are 5-palm heat (heat in the chest, palms and soles) afternoon fever, night sweats, and seminal emission in males and sexual dysfunction in females. When kidney Yang is deficient, symptoms include, coldness, pain in the lumbar region and knees, cold limbs, lack of spirit, impotence in men and frigidity and infertility in woman. If kidney deficiency is associated with cold it is known as deficiency of the kidney essence or Qi."


What does this mean? That's I'm cold, frigid and tired? I just hope I get better soon. I'm running on empty now. Now I'm in serach of Korean ginseng herbs. To be drunk every morning with hot water, no sugar. Hmm..I'm not excited about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home