Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

DeMOCKracy

Finally, out of the house and into a club. Somewhere in the course of giving birth and raising a child, I lost my interest for watching live band music. It wasn’t so much the music itself, crowded rooms, the loud pretentious people, and going home smelling like smoke that annoyed me. I just hated being away from my child at night, or perhaps it was the guilt evoked that I couldn’t take. But tonight was different because my husband’s band “No Respect” was playing its second gig and I couldn’t miss it. The gig was dubbed “DeMOCKracy” and was anti-GMA’s presidency, held at Freedom Bar. Indeed, my husband’s band was good and loud (in that order). They played original music, and one cover of “Opposites Attract.” And my only constructive critcism is that my husband, who’s an excellent guitar player, still needs to learn how to use a unidirectional microphone. All in all, I had fun that evening. Not only did I come home with chimney-smelling hair and a sense of pride of seeing the hubby on stage, but also with these great band photos.



These photos almost didn't make it. About 80% of them were either truncated or corrupted because of faulty CF cards. Thank you to software called Photo Rescue ($29).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home