Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

On the Road

My younger sister and I have developed a new relationship - driver and navigator. Being an extreme control freak, taking the role of driver has not been an easy task. I keep trying to refer to the map, grabbing directions from her hands and asking her every 3 seconds, did you say left...was it left or right? After a few rides out 70 miles south, 35 miles west, we are now comfortable with each other.

It's nice to let someone else call the shots.

I bought an itrip and it's proven itself a Godsend during these long trips. Most radio stations here are laden with stupid ads (much like the Philippines) so having a good music selection in the ipod is great. Rachel has the knack for chosing good drive music (from Hanson, Blues Travellers to Hotdog) We are both enjoying ourselves.

The U.S. highway system will never cease to amaze me. The roads themselves look like South Superhighway, only wider - but I agree that good signage is the true mark of a civilized society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home