Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Enema of the State

My 2 year old son is anal-retentive. Literally. I'm not just throwing this term around like the way people use the word obsessive compulsive. He doesn't poop. It all started when I left for the United States. First, he'd stop for about 4 days and now he goes 10 days without pooping. This is NOT good. His pediatrician says there's nothing physically wrong with him. He just doesn't want to go. Perhaps he's holding it in. Maybe he's constipated. Who knows? What we do know is that every week, my son has to have an enema in order to poop. No, ordinary glycerine suppositories just don't cut it. We had to haul in the heavy ammunition. The Fleet Enema. Costs P180 at Mercury Drug.

What's a mom to do? Google! I'm researching now on anal-retentiveness in toddlers. I'm scouring my books for information. I'm going into a full blown campaign to get my son to poop! I want this house to be enema-free!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

wow, i've never heard of any kid not pooping for 10 straight days. your kid must be tough, girl :-)

i didn't know you had a blog...well, now I know! :-)

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home