Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My Terrorist Alias

Let's just say I fit the bill. Petite Asian girl heading to a country known for terrorism and kidnapping. Travelling alone. And my name. Oh heavens, my name. While I have the pleasure of marrying a wonderful most uncommon man, I carry with displeasure the most common name in the Spanish-speaking world. In combination with my first name - it spells TERRORIST.

As I patiently waited for my boarding pass at the O"hare airport, anxious to feel the arms of my son and husband around me, several thousand miles away - I knew something was up. The usual 5 minute wait for a boarding pass stretched to 10 minutes, then 20. Something was up. The ground attendant of American Airlines was neither friendly nor rude but her deadpan face gave me no clue. Finally after what seemed an eternity of keyboard tapping, she issued my boarding pass with a thin smile. She informed me my name was on the TSA Federal No-Fly watchlist. I had to call TSA and clear my name to prevent further delays in the future.

Wonderful. Why can't I have the normal boring type of air travel? Where luggage arrives when I do? And I'm not mistaken for a terrorist?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home