Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Green Light for the Green Card

Finally this crazy immigration process has come to an end. Our visa is approved!

The interview went very well. Scheduled for 8AM, they got the pre-interview at 10:30 and were finished by 12:30PM. The funny thing everyone got confused. They saw my husband's name on the file name, assumed the beneficiary is a girl, and then when they saw him (being white) they assumed he is the U.S. petitioner – so they were asking where’s the wife to be interviewed?? He had to explain and the U.S. consul got intrigued. Then, he started interviewing my German mother-in-law (she was there as a babysitter) about how a Germen ended up the Philippines. After 5 minutes, he said ok I’ve got no more
questions. Husband and baby were shooed off to Delbros to fix the courier service for their passports. Done!

Success!! The green (although white) card and the SS number after they arrive in the U.S. the first time.

For most of the interview, Axel was sound asleep. BUT he did his first subversive act. The naughty boy sneezed during the interview and wiped his snotty nose on the American Flag, right near the consul's booth. No respect at all!! My son, the hippie!

I got to start packing. I’m so excited to see my two boys again. I miss them so much and I'm flying home in a few days. We'll plan our next step soon. But right now, I just want to go home.

And so it begins…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home