Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

The Battle of the Bulge Begins

The prodigal daughter returns....to the gym!

After ONE YEAR away, I went back to the gym to try the Sculpting class. I was immediately intimidated by my classmates who were in their 40s and 50s but had tight firm bodies. I hung in the back, with my bench and teeny dumbbells. Those slow and pump reps burned my muscles, awakened from a long deep slumber. After one hour, the muscle in my left knee was quivering badly and my leg was shaking. I only tried to drop one rep from a set at a time, because the teacher (who looked like the goddess woman, if Angelina Jolie and Lisa Bonet had a baby together) would give me the evil eye if I stopped.

It felt good though. I limped away feeling a bit lighter and proud of myself for not giving up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home