Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Sleepless Night #1

Another night of tossing and turning. I actually saw the break of dawn today and I still hadn't a wink of sleep. Last night wasn't REALLY my first sleepless night. It just makes for a nicer title. I've had chronic insomnia for as long as I can remember.

I tried:
1. reading until my eyes got tired
2. listening to music
3. blanking my thoughts and clearing my head.

Nothing worked.

Too many thoughts. That's what my husband always says is the culprit. I think too much. Rene Descartes summed it up by saying "I think, therefore I am" If I think too much, will that make me more of a person? A bigger person? Damn, I knew those unwanted pounds must come from somewhere!

Regrets always come the morning after. During those sleepless nights, I have the most wonderful, colorful, witty things in my head. Strings of commentary about life around us, perfectly woven words, fragments straight out of from the likes of Dorothy Parker. And then, the morning after...not a thought is saved in my hard disk of a brain. I vaguely recall something about Fight Club, ways to paint a wall, numb ankles and music blogs. Now if I only I can find a way to string those together.

*sigh* I want to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home