Third World Eyes

we've moved! visit www.thirdworldeyes.com!

My Photo
Name:
Location: East Bay Area, California, United States

A devoted mom, wife, daughter. Workwise, a former DJ, TV producer, web editor and a freelance photographer. A jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A Sense of Propriety

I don't know how my son came to be the way he is. He is so clean and proper. He loves his alco-gel, puts it on his hands constantly, then puts it on my hands, and legs, and jeans. He grabs a wet-one and wipes his face with it for about ten minutes. Then, he holds it in his hand like a hanky and uses it to mop up any perspiration. When it dries up, he gets a new wipe. That's why he's lemony fresh 24/7!

If a lamp is out of place, like heavens, on the floor - he grunts until I pick it up and put it on the table.

He is our little garbageman. He looks for stray pieces of tissue to put in the trash. That's great. Problem is, he also puts in empty glasses and silverware in the trash as well. We're lucky he's been able to differentiate plates now. Those, he knows, goes into the sink.

Sneezing is a regular habit (he gets that from me) and well, snot does not sit well with a little chum with a big sense of propriety. His dad taught him to wipe his nose with his shirt. Problem is he does not want his shirt to get wet, so he grabs the next best thing - YOUR shirt. I'm trying to retrain that behavior. Thanks Dad.

When I need to wash the dishes, he stands beside me on a chair and helps pour water on the soupy dishes with a little "tabo."

The ironic thing is my son loves the feel of water but if some of it lands on his pants or t-shirt, watch out! It's tantrum time up to the moment that he's out of the wretched wet item and into something dry. And you can't move fast enough to please him.

Kids are funny people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home